Tuesday, August 12
Recipe of the Day
Puraw style Bangus
I adapted this recipe off of one I found for Sea Bass awhile back. Thanks to it's similar texture most Sea Bass recipes work well with Bangus. It has become the main why I prepare Bangus.
4 tbls olive oil
1 tbls of butter
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup of chicken stock
Salt and Pepper
2 fillets of bangus with skin, if possible (de-boned and marinated are good)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Chop onion
3. Heat 2 tbls oil in pan on medium high, and cook onion until clear.
4. Add wine and reduce.
5. Add butter and chicken stock and let thicken
6. Salt and pepper to taste
7. In a separate (oven proof) pan heat remaining oil on high
8. Season fish with salt and pepper (not really necessary if using marinated)
9. Cook fish skin side down for about 5 mins until crispy
10. Flip fish and cook for 45 seconds.
11. Put the whole pan in the oven to bake for about 4 minutes
Serve the onion sauce on top of the fish. Good with rice, and the rest of the wine you didn't use for cooking. A little bit of greenery like asparagus is also good. I hope you enjoy it, I know we do.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)