Halo-Halo is a combination of sweetened fruits and beans mixed with shaved ice and evaporated milk topped with ice cream, leche plan, and/or a scoop of ube and/or pinipig rice.
First, here's the easy route for you who crave for the flavor and simplicity.
It's that simple, mix it all up and top with your favorite ice cream and done.
You can go for the more complex, here's the recipe.
Sweetened Red beans
Sweetened Saba Bananas
Sago in Syrup
Coco Gel (Nata de Coco)
Ice cream (pick your favorite)
Tall Glass or Bowl
1. Fill half of the glass with your sweetened delicacies, it is up to you how much you want in your mixture.
2. Fill the other half of the glass with shaved ice and pack it down.
3. Pour evaporated milk, sprinkle with sugar ( optional)
4. Topped it with 2-3 small scoop of the ice cream of your choice and/or a small slice of flan and/or scoop of ube halaya
5. Finished it off with a sprinkle of pinipig flakes and ENJOY!